Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nick Cave Pushes The Sky


I found Nick back in my freshman year of college, through Harry Potter no less. His song O’ Children was featured in the seventh installment (part one) of the ten-year series and, me being the person that I am, I Googled all the lyrics I could remember. So I bought the song. And then I found Spotify and listened to every single album Cave and the Seeds put out.


 I was obsessed passionate.

Fast forward a few years, and Nick Cave releases his 15th studio album, Push The Sky Away. The whole album is a bit like a bad trip. It’s dark and a bit depressing, but the inflection Cave puts into each song when he sings literally paints the song into a story before your very eye/brain. Each song, on its lonesome, is fantastic. Songs tell stories and each of these nine songs does just that. But when you put them together, the album tells an even greater story. Cave has left little to prove.  Instead of describing each song and (unfairly) comparing this album to his previous ones or to some obscure musician you don’t care about, I’m going to tell you to go listen to it. Then I’m going to tell you to go buy it.


Believe me, it’s good. 

credit


No comments:

Post a Comment