Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tired.

Good hello my dear!

I hope you're well! I am tired. Last week was our first week back at school (and the beginning of my LAST semester) and while it wasn't that holy crap I need a nap kind of busy, it was still rough going from lazing around reading and knitting all day to working Tuesdays and Thursdays and sitting through hours of lecture the rest of the week.

But don't think I didn't read. Oh, I read. I didn't read NYPD Red, like I had promised. I got through the first page and just didn't care. So I read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins instead.

Now, I have read them before, but I'm still counting it towards my 50 book goal (it fulfills the "trilogy" category on my list). If you have seen the movies and loved them, then you will fawn over the books. It has been so long since I've really loved a series, and I can't recommend this one enough. I love Finnick Odair with all of my being, more than Peeta Mellark (a close second) and maybe even more than I love zucchini tacos.

This week, I'm working on Fahrenheit 451 (I read it once ages ago in high school, but I also slept through 50% of that class so it doesn't count), while I also work through Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis) for class.

I'm taking a class on C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tokein- so there will be lots of myth and interesting philosophy tossed about here and there. Be prepared.

A little knitting announcement will come soon, as soon as the yarn comes in.

Things to look out for:

  • yarn dyeing tutorial
  • Little Bean knitting 
  • Hunger Games review
  • Fahrenheit 451 review
  • semester ramblings
I apologize for this lazy post today. More will happen soon! Promise!

All the best,
M

***
Now Playing:

American Beauty/American Psycho - Fall Out Boy
Something's Gotta Give - All Time Low

No comments:

Post a Comment